Thursday, March 14, 2013

Obligatory first post

Like many middle-agers, I struggle to find my inner social media self.  As an end-user computing expert, I probably understand the social media industry better than most, and yet I haven't been able to find the place where I feel truly free to express myself. I love Facebook, but mostly as a stalker (in the harmless sense) and occasional commenter.  My hyperactive tendency toward self-editing prevents me from posting too frequently.  Twitter is just too rapid-fire for my style, and besides, I'm getting tired of hash tag humor. #grumpygeekcomplaints

So, I thought I would try blogging. I am hoping that the blogosphere is the place that affords me the room to record my occasional thoughts about life without leaving my comfort zone for completeness. We'll see.

I also like that there is one place that I can store, access, and share some of my writing.  I don't expect that a lot of people will read it, but I will be satisfied even if just a few of my family members and close acquaintances occasionally stop by.

For now, I have named it "The Little Things" because those are the things in life that interest me most.  You'll see what I mean.

1 comment: